Search This Blog

Sunday 22 November 2009

Fashion illustrators

Fashion Illustrators



Part of my next project is to create fashion illustrations for my Autumn/Winter 10/11 design collection. My designs are in the style of Junya Watanabe and I hope to illustrate my collection with his signature style also. I am going to begin by researching some different illustrators and investigate their various techniques and methods.
Veronica Ballart

I have started with the young and contemporary illustrator,Veronica Ballart. Her soft lines and harmonising use of colour have inspired me to investigate watercolours and gouache as a illustration technique.Her illustrations are delicate and evoke a definate sense of femininity.

Mats Gustafson

Gustafson is an established illustrator that has worked with designers such as Comme des garcons, Chanel and Yohji Yamamoto. His abstract and conceptual style fits well with the designer I am currently researching(Junya Watanabe). I particularly like the Comme des Garcons illustration featured on the left.


No comments:

Post a Comment